Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Welcome to Travel Bumming!


I have been travel bumming (read: backpacking, studying, working, living...) around the world for the past few years. Pretty much everywhere I go, people ask me the same question: "How can you afford to travel for so long?" You'll be surprised to learn that it's actually not too complicated.


No, I haven't married a wealthy foreigner (yet).
 
And no, I'm not up to anything illegal.
 
Most people don't realize that sometimes, it's even cheaper to travel than to not travel.

This blog is a new endeavor and an attempt to share some of the knowledge I've gained over the past few years in the field of travel bumming. I'll share my tips on finding cheap flights, using frequent flyer mileage programs, working/volunteering abroad, and much more.

Look out for upcoming posts and get ready to travel the world (almost) for free!